In order to make our camp run smoothly and ensure everybody has a good time, we have the following general rules which we expect every member to abide by:
- Relax and be cool. Getting upset or angry harshes everyone’s buzz, and usually exacerbates problems that could be easily resolved if everyone was calm and reasonable about it.
- Aim to pitch in MORE than your fair share. If everyone does this, life will be easy.
- We will occasionally ask you to do things for the camp, such as cooking, cleanup, watching over the fire pit, etc. Please do them. If it’s really inconvenient, let us know as much in advance as possible, and we’ll try to accomodate.
- “Playasophy Camp” would like to be associated with fun and happiness and Good Things. Every camp member is a representative and ambassador to the rest of the playa, so try to keep this in mind.
- If you don’t like how something is going, or are otherwise having a bad time, see #1, then talk to a camp organizer.
Cleanup: We are dedicated to the Burning Man Leave No Trace (LNT) principles. Thus, we expect every member to: (a) minimize the amount of trash they generate, (b) cleanup after themselves and those around them throughout the day, and © help with camp-wide cleanup passes as requested. We will probably set up some sort of schedule for this, and ask each member to do one or two days out of the week. We’ll also need everyone’s help for a thorough cleanup when we are tearing down camp on Sunday afternoon/Monday morning.
We hope these are all just intuitive parts of living together in a community. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask!